Thursday, September 18, 2008

Leaving Port Orford and "The Castaway"



Today we decided to check out of our oasis..."The Castaway" http://www.castawaybythesea.com/ This has become a favorite place to stay when visiting. The view from Castaway is awesome whether it be fog or sunshine and we saw it all. The photo is of the view from our room at Castaway.


Moving up the coast we stopped in Yachats. http://www.el.com/to/yachats/ A special place to the Blanco family as it is where we laid the remains of our brother Johnny to rest. What a beautiful day it was to walking over the tide pools and give rememberance to a brother who left us too soon.


A message to my brother: I lost so much that morning. Although most are not aware. The tearing pain that ripped my heart. The rage, the pain, the anger. The questions, guilt and fear. The heartache, void and emptiness. All alone you left me here!! In the quiet of the night. In the stillness of the dark. Is when you chose to leave this world. And make your final mark. A mark, a brand, a gaping hole left deep, deep, down inside. So many mixed emotions of which I try to hide. No one knows what hides inside, or the questions in my mind. Were you lonely, cold or scared?? Won't ever know the answers; don't even know the time. The time that you crossed over from one life to another, remains unknown to all of us, just the time you were discovered. The early morning phone call, to tell me you were gone. A part of me left with you, the morning that you died. Leaving behind an empty shell, no chance to say good-bye. I miss you more than you'll ever know, your quirky, unique ways. Your smirking grin and laughter, and times of younger days. Until we meet again my brother, I'll find you where you are....The fresh blowing breeze, the clouds in the sky,The brightest shining star.





A few more miles up the road we stopped in Newport. The sun was just beginning to set. http://www.newportoregon.com/







No comments: